Wednesday, January 10, 2007

can you say dumbass? (my very own "dorkism")

I've been trying to be more responsible about my work schedule because i'm putting in a lot of extra hours doing training, sitting at the recruiting booth, and doing interviews-- the times for these are sporadic and i didn't want to miss any, so i copied all the times from my boss's email onto a piece of paper that i carry around.

For today i had written down: Interview -- 10-3pm

Unfortunately, the only ride i could get to school was at 8:30 this morning before my mom went to work, and i didn't want to WALK considering it's snowing a lot outside and i didn't think one measley hour of sleep was worth a cold walk to school. So i drug myself out of bed at around 7:30 this morning, left the house at 8:30 and getting to school at around 8:40, spent a WHILE in the bathroom fixing myself becuase i didn't want to look like I'd just drowned and came back to life while i was interviewing people.

I went up to the office at around 9:15 thinking, hey, maybe it's not so bad that i'm 45 minutes early because i've never done an interview before and i could take this time to figure out what i need to even do and get some coffee. So i get upstairs and start chatting away with Pete and Joanna (2 of the supervisors) and somehow i get to talkign about how ridiculous i am that i signed up to do interviews from 10am - 3pm.

Joanna: uhhh... there aren't any interviews this morning...

Me: WHAT??... uhhh ghzala sent me an email!!

At this point, Pete, Joanna, and I are kind of running around and getting all freaked out and worked up about why Ghzala would send me an email saying 10 - 3 when there aren't even any interviews! We go into their office and tell John who is also thoroughly confused.

Me: SERIOUSLY guys this sucks! I can't believe i got up at 7:30 in the morning for no reason! I'll show you the email!!

I pull the email up on the screen and here's what it it says:

Interviews:
January 10 - 3pm


Me: SEE??? January 10.... oh... oh my God... oh my God i'm such an idiot.

Of course we laughed at me for a while and then it wasn't so funny anymore when i realized how tired I was and how i'd left my cellphone at home and how this day SUCKS. >:(

*sigh* I need a cup of coffee desperately.

No comments: