Thursday, December 04, 2008

Treading Water

Is it just me or do bad things tend to group together and descend all at once? Its like they collaborate before actually arriving, plotting the perfect time to strike. And usually, its an inconvenient time like, say, during finals.

Or maybe things just seem worse and more noticable at points where you don't think you have the time or energy to handle them.

What's so bad about running anyway? It's not like I'm not functioning properly or something, right? Pick your battles. Deal with what you absolutely must, and the rest, let it roll right off your shoulder or sink so far down you don't have to think about it.

If you've gone so long without dealing with certain issues, then what's the hurry to do it now?

I suppose though, sometimes, given certain knowledge, there is nothing you can do but deal.

But what I wouldn't give to have it all go away.

I hate being forced to confront things I have no hope of figuring out.

No comments: