Tuesday, August 14, 2007

Fair Warning

This past Friday, I awoke to the smell of burning.

At first I dismissed it in my groggy state and willed myself to drift back out of conciousness.
Unfortunately, a short time later I found myself coughing and unable to tolerate the intense burning smell that was filling my bedroom. I don't know what took me so long but I finally panicked, leapt out of bed and flung open the door to a hallway filling with smoke wafting from the lower level.

"SOMETHING'S BURNINGGGGG!!!!!" I yell.

The story is pretty anticlimatic. It turns out that my mom had severely burnt some toast in our super-defective toaster. Days later, the smell of burning is still lingering. Yum.

What worries me is that our fire alarm didn't go off at all that morning.
Which basically means if a real fire were to start in my house, I would likely die.

Not to mention, someone should really inform the three people who are shacking up in my house for the week:

Warning: Toaster and fire alarm out of order. Permanent residents take no responsibility for resulting injuries and or deaths.

No comments: