Tuesday, October 16, 2007

Morning Coffee 2

This morning at Starbucks, surrounded by a small crowd of like-minded women waiting for our caffeine fix, I ordered a pumkin spice latte, and a caramel macciatto for Alison. The cashier, seeing that the change for my $20 would come out to an undesirable amount of change, kindly asked:

"Do you have 10 cents?"

"Uh..." I scrounge through my pockets. "No, sorry..."

And then, out of nowhere the lady behind me, wearing a brightly coloured sweater to match her smile, offers enthusiastically: "I have 10 cents!"

She runs her finger through her change purse producing a dime, which I try and refuse at first but then gratefully take when she assures me it's not a big deal.

Not two seconds after I recieve my very even change, the lady lets out an audible sigh and states "Oh great. Now I can't buy my coffee."

I gasp and whirl around wide eyed.

She let's out a hearty laugh. "Just kidding! Don't worry!"

I giggle relieved and can't help but grin as I leave Starbucks with my coffee thinking about the woman who magically brightened my morning.

And glancing at the "The Way I See It" quote on my coffee cup, I considered that the woman may have gotten this quote before as it would definitely provide one possible motivation for her random act of kindness.

No comments: