Wednesday, January 30, 2008

Let's find a motto you'll like for the rest of your life.

ipod

This weekend, KarWai helped me make my decision to buy an 8gb RED ipod nano.

This should be easy enough right?

Nope!

Turns out, if you purchase your ipod online, they allow you a free two line engraving. At first I thought, great! I get to write something on my ipod for free! I have a million song lyrics I love to engrave on there.

Problem? I have a million song lyrics I love to engrave on there!

I needed to find something:
1. Not by a lame artist whose words I will be ashamed to have engraved on my ipod.
2. Related to music since it is my ipod.
3. A song I will continue to like in the years to come.

After much brainstorming and consulting with (not really very helpful) friends, I've decided on the following engraving:

'well all i got's: oo-oo-ooh'
[ jasy's ipod ]

Before you tell me how that makes no sense, let me explain!

The quote is taken from John Mayer's song Clarity. The song talks about living in the moment, being worried about over analyzing things, and at the end of the day only being able to really think of music-- all which are pretty relevant to me. Artist I like, song I like. Check. Check.

Basically it's saying "all I can think of is music". Which is true! I thought about it for so long but all I got was this song or that song. Plus, I always have a song in my head. Which is related to music and hence the ipod.

Now all there is to do is shell out the $200 bucks and be ipod-less no longer.

No comments: