Wednesday, June 04, 2008

Give me my goat cheese!!

I love goat cheese. ♥

Recently though, my love for it was dampened because of being given some incorrect nutritional information about it.

I can't remember who I was talking to, saying "isn't goat cheese is better for you?" and they scoffed at me and said something like "What! NO! Goat cheese is even more fattening than regular cheese!"

Well for your big fat information, according to the Food Network:

Goat cheese is rich in protein and contains potassium, vitamin A, thiamin and niacin. Significantly lower in calories, fat and cholesterol than cheddar or cream cheese, some people may also find it easier to digest than cheese generated from cow's milk.

Yes I looked up the nutritional value of goat cheese. You would too if you tried the thing at the keg where they give you little crostinis and goat cheese and special salsa and you spread it all around and becomes the most perfect combination of crispyness and meltedness you've ever experienced and then somebody told you goat cheese wasn't good for you!

No comments: