Monday, March 08, 2010

Monday is for Motivation

Mondays are for Motivation. Counteract the gloom.

Today's motivation: London Fogs and Gen X.

I spent my morning dealing with necessary unpleasantries(sp?) like Bell and financial stuff, resume revisions and the like. I'll be honest, it's a must, but it's getting me down. Sometimes I feel like no matter what, I'm going to be in this hole. And I've been having a hard time understanding why life just shits on you and shits on you even if you really try hard to be a good person... which really is such a cliched question, but an true one.

Monday decided to provide me with a little lift, though. Kat and I met up and went to Princess Cinema Cafe. If you haven't been there, it's one of my absolute favorite cafes in the city. They serve comforting beverages and bomb paninis, and famed soup. Indie without being cheesy, you know? I had a London Fog and vented about life. Afterward we went to Gen X and I rented Precious and The Princess and the Frog. And then we stopped at the dollar store and Kat bought me various items. Resume tool free for all. :)

It's nice to catch up. And it's nice to know that you have friends/family that have your back, and are willing to pick you up a little once in a while. It feels less lonely for sure.

And now, I'm going to disappear into a night of movie watching and life ignoring! Turrah!

No comments: