Thursday, February 24, 2011

One girl at TheONE.

My first petite solo adventure begins by accident, really.

My GooJeh (Dad's sister) has perhaps the most excellent taste in food of anyone in my entire family. She took me and a coworker to an upscale Japanese Teppanyaki restaurant tucked away on the higher levels of a new mall called The One . I'm typically a tad suspicious of places that look ritzy and expensive here. I feel like you gotta get down and dirty, finding the hole-in-the-wall street food places and home-cafes. Really, I learned I should always trust the tastes of this particular aunt (who in fact, knows where the best street food is too). Besides a variety of delicious Japanese appetizers and a gorgeous picture window view overlooking Tsim Sha Tsui, I was served perhaps the best steak and lamb I've ever had prepared for me in a restaurant. After lunch, my aunt had to go back to work, leaving me alone at The One.

And what's a girl to do all by herself by a row of glossy shops? :)

I've finally had some quality me-time, retail therapy.

Okay, so I couldn't afford anything at half the stores. But French Connection is having a sale! And despite the sales associate picking out about ten different things for me to try on, I only bought ONE item-- a grey sweater with silver buttons all along the seams. (That's diciprin! peopo.)

And now, I'm sitting in an Italian cafe writing this. They're playing Ella. I've finished a marocchino bicolore and the waitress just set down a latte. My GOD I wish I could transmit smell through text-- I'm in espresso heaven!

You can't see it clearly in this photobooth picture, but there's a park of sorts through the window behind me which I think I shall visit for a short while after my coffee before heading home.


-- I'm a happy girl!  :) 

No comments: