Wednesday, March 30, 2011

She could make alone look pretty

I'm really starting to learn to embrace my solitude.

It's not that life doesn't give you a choice in the matter, but sometimes it's important to take steps away from companionship in order to better yourself or better others. Or to allow life to take its course and develop a better situation-- at least, I hope so. I've learned that things change, I guess. That I change. And that change isn't always negative-- not that heartache is never involved.

Vague much? ha...

I'm learning to enjoy my own company very much, though. Besides not having to compromise/wait/consider, it allows for a great deal of music-listening, and a lot of walking around in my own mind, and I consider this time to be a blessing even if it's sometimes lonely.

At the moment, I'm sitting atop a crowsnest at Life Cafe in SoHO, on a pile of pillows patterned suspiciously like our couch at Regina/Erb (a little gift of home?), and I've just finished a huge bowl of pumpkin-carrot soup with sunflower seed bread and a delicious organic smoothie called "Sunshine Shake". There's a little latin music playing overhead and below me are many British guests chattering away. The cheers of sports (soccer? rugby?) fans in pubs on the streets below occasionally erupt through the large open windows. Light for my soul!

Here is a little visual (Thank you, Photobooth.)

2 comments:

btsoi. said...

Mmm you make me jealous of your solitude! I'd like a bit of me-time about now... But for now I'll settle for what I can get - a bit of yoga followed by green tea and some sewing :)

Miss you!

choifish said...

I miss you too!

I wish we could have a coffee date. But soon, it shall happen in Aussieland! FOB + AUSSIE = (y) !!!

Yoga and green tea and sewing sounds lovely though, I could do with a little yoga myself-- tai chi alternative, perhaps? :)

xo!