Wednesday, December 12, 2001

"Respect your elders." most people have heard this phrase at some point or another in their lives. especially if you're Chinese cuz well... Chinese people i guess place a lot of importance on it. for example, you always call people older than you by the name "auntie or uncle, po po(grandma) or gong gong(grandpa), gaw gaw(older brother) or jeh jeh(older sister)" this applies not only to family but to complete strangers. i've resented this custom ever since before i can remember. deeply resented. why? because, for those of you who know me, know that i HATE AGISTS. agists are by my definition, those who look down on or treat people unfairly because of their age. also, if you know me, you know that i tend to socialize with people who are older than me... i'm not sure why. but it just happens that way. don't get me wrong, a LOT of my close friends are my peers, in fact my very very bestest friend jo is. but ever since i was little i just would hang out with people who were older. that's just the way i am. anyhoo, when i was little, people would try to get me to call my friends who were older than me "jeh jeh or gaw gaw" and i HATED it ... in fact, since i was a brat, i sometimes blew up in their face at the very suggestion of it. or, if they spoke of my friend in that way toward me, i would pretend not to know who they were talking about. actually, i would prolly do the same thing now. just because it's like my biggest pet peeve. i remember one time alexis called me a sunday school kid... and ... yeah. well i wasn't too happy with him. my point is-- why do we respect our elders? pour tea for them first, let them sit first, call them special names, let them have all the benifits... i mean, really old people i get it because of them being so old and frail and stuff ya know... no biggie at all... but how about people in their 40's, 30's, and even 20's? how are they entitled MORE to my respect than a six year old? a very wise friend of mine once told me "respect has to be earned" and i agree. by being born at a certain date are people entitled more respect than others? umm don't think so... we don't CHOOSE that remember? i think people, including myself, forget quickly what it's like to be a certain age and then don't give it the due respect. i think that if someone wants me to respect them, they should maybe do something that's really worth respecting. the older you are, that just means that you've had more time to do that something that's worth the respect society so blatantly expects.

that was my rant for the day. ^_^ i had an ok day ... Lozon was really nice to me today and i realized he has really nice blue eyes. NO i do NOT have a crush on my science teacher! ... i have a crush on Jo's history teacher... *sigh* what a hottie ^_~ anyhoo, this week, i've been trying to be less of a reactive person in situations as in a "don't bitch back" type thing. ... what that's resulted in is me crying twice in the past two days at school. GRRRRRRR i HATE crying in front of people it's so embarressing... i hate when people ask you what's wrong just cuz they want to know, not cuz they actually care. plus, my makeup runs when i cry :P but anyhoo, i decided i'm gonna keep trying... but this time instead of just trying to hold it in, i'm gonna try to either not care what happens or be optimistic about it. i also think i need to stop talking about people behind their back as much... it's not as if i do it intentionally... but it just happens but that's definitely something i'm gonna work on. (prayer please? *grin*) so yeah. this will be interesting i'm sure. anyhoo, time to sleep. this blog has been one whole ramble of thoughts. sorry if it's un understandable.. i will try to make it more better next time. i think i'm just too tired Christmas is coming!!!!!! ^_^_TWELVE MORE DAYS!!! we can start singing the twelve days of Christmas!!!! which by the way has these coolio hidden meanings.... nevermind. i'm going to sleep now. nite mwa***

No comments: