Tuesday, December 06, 2005

thursday was world AIDS day

"50 million people. This is the population of England. It’s also the number of AIDS orphans in Africa by 2010."

"I sat in the waiting room with the kids trying to tell them to sit on the bench in Siswathi, trying to hold the ones who fell asleep, and trying not to think about the reality that each and every one of these small beautiful children have a terrible virus raging in their veins."

"For the first time in my life, I glimpsed something deep into the heart of God, the heart of God the Father Who sent His Son so that we may live…I can honestly say that I wanted to give my life so that these children could live. I felt so hopeless as I realized that few of them will live to be older than my brother Colin, and none of them will be as old as my 16 year old brother Cody."


my don from last year is working in south africa trying to do something about all this. lately i've been moved to maybe go there myself.

in any case, go check out her blog http://masoyiafrica.blogspot.com and please support her in prayer and however else you can.

phone scare

so someone stole my phone from CIF today. and then they returned it like 10 hrs later. at least that's what i think happened. anwyays i'm just glad i have my phone back =)

studying at tc

studying at the coop building today with emz jo kat and carson haha.. so funny ... and lots of food... it was kinda gross but it was good =) i still can't decide between slc, dc, and now tc for finals. *sigh*

No comments: