Tuesday, August 19, 2008

Morality Police with Short Term Memory Loss

Ahhhh, pet peeves.

Chris might be delighted-- I have a rant coming on.

Where do people get off having expectations when they're unwilling to dish anything out?

I have no problem with people ranting and pissing and moaning to me about things. Absolutely none. I think let people get it out, and then I try my best to acknowledge and affirm them. Because that's what people need when they're upset or annoyed about things!

What BUGS me is when you take that same person who spewed out godknowswhat to me last week expecting me to have their back on all issues, and no sooner do the tables turn and YOU have some venting to do and they go all Morality Police on you!

Suddenly their issues that you supported them on fully even though it may have been "this person talks to me too much about Hedley" isn't overreacting and mean. But your thoughts on "this person barely said goodbye to me and was really dry" are!

Where's the double standard coming from? And what's up with re-inventing conversations/situations to suit your own purposes? Or rubbing things in my face for no other purpose than to make me feel like crap?

Seriously. If you think you're so much better than me, then just don't bother talking to me! I have far better things to do.

No comments: