Sunday, January 23, 2005

the other night i remembered something my friend said to me once some time in highschool. "i understand... and i'm not upset... but one day you're gonna not think and do or say something and you're going to lose a friendship because of it. so learn, and be careful." ... i dunno why, but when i was just sitting there not knowing what to do, those words just popped into my head. i had friends in highschool like this... good friends who were both friends and older sisters to me.

all i wanted to say is that since university began, i have never missed highschool so incredibly as i do now. it was so much easier. i didn't feel this constant pressure to need to grow up. people hoped for me to better myself, but IN MY OWN TIME. maybe it stemmed from always being "the baby" ...

i pretty much stopped calling some of these friends in the fall... i dunno why. everyone's busy. and i was too. but here's a shout out to those girlies who took care of me in hs... you knwo who you are. i love you guys. your words are always in my heart even if you're not here.

No comments: