Wednesday, October 16, 2002



fast blog then email check.. been overplaying this song a lot on my comp~ btw i'm not on icq much because my network got screwed over much like the rest of my life. ANyWAYS... yes i've been listening to this song a lot... thot to myself it reminded me a lot of struggling with sin and stuff but couldn't make out the words in the verses and when i looked it up i found the song *is* about that after all... ~ it describes a lot of what i've been feeling lately ... better than i can anyway.
~*~*~*
Digging deep, I feel my conscience burn
I need to know who or what I am
This hunger jolts me from complacency
It rocks me... and makes me... meet myself

'cause Jacob walked a limp to remind him
Of the greater gift of the greater one
But when I fell, fell to my own resources
How can I carry the truth, if I can't.. crawl to you?


I want to feel.. something SWEETER THAN THIS SIN
Cover me in leaves.. roll me over again
'cause I've been everybody else
Now I want to be something... closer to myself

Paint me in a different light
Shed me yet another coat of skin

Mark me with ash until I'm clean again
'cause I'm so SICK and TIRED... of being SICK and TIRED
I know I can love you.. I know that I can!
[chorus]
[kendall payne - closer to myself]

No comments: