Monday, January 19, 2004

In regard to my previous post, ecjunior made a comment that I think is very valid. I was going to just reply in the comments but I think that maybe a lot of people might have the same thoughts and so I thought I’d just clarify in a new post.

“i don't think people delibrately try and "NOT" care or talk to you... jasy, you have to understand that people still care about you even tho they don't talk to you or call you everyday...
sometimes ppl jus get tied down with work, midterms, finals and other stuff... i'm not saying that you're not important but sometimes it's just hard to balance everything.. you want them to succeed?? don't you?? we all sometimes get too involved witht the things that is right up our faces... but it doesn't mean we don't care”



I did not mean to say that I feel this way about “everyone” … rather I was venting my thoughts about select situations, select people. But as always, I did blow things out of proportion so that they accommodated “everyone”, when in reality I don’t even feel this way about everyone. It’s just a few people. Sorry…

But yes, even within these few people I should think about their lives, their whatever. (Whatever is just all inclusive of whatever matters in their lives not diminishing its importance.) I never asked for a call or conversation everyday… that is by FAR not what I want at all. I would have to be the biggest baby in the entire world to expect that. I don’t even have time to talk to everyone I know every single day, that would just be crazy.
But I guess referring to the person that blog post was mainly about, (because each post is mainly only about a few people, or a few people sparked the thoughts), I would ask the question of whether in like three months they have a single minute of time for me. I shouldn’t expect time I know, but in considering something to be a friendship, you would think that you would have at least one freakin’ minute of time for a “friend”. It’s not just not calling, not emailing, not seeing, it’s not calling BACK, not even picking up the phone, not emailing BACK, and not even bothering to see me when I’m in the same city somewhat close by. The last one, I didn’t care that much before. The first one, I didn’t care that much before, but tell me, how long does it take to write a one line email saying “I’m swamped I can’t talk to you for the next freakin three months”? I honestly haven’t talked to this person in three months and it’s not because I don’t care to try.

Okay so basically I’ve been shafted. This is just embarrassing. But I just wanted to clarify myself.

And do I want them to succeed in what they’re doing? Of course! And if their success is at the expense of our friendship so be it. But I’d appreciate them letting me know. maybe send me a one line email saying "i'll be busy fo the next three months". But I do apologize for overreacting, dramatizing, and thinking something of a friendship that perhaps never even existed. I guess this is just one of the situations of a bunch, but it’s the main one.

No comments: