Monday, March 14, 2005

my turn :P

its been a rough week... sometimes your'e just kind of hit. i know i'm not the only one who's been blah... i'm sure that i have the LEAST problems of anyone. my life is so small and so blessed. but things are not always easy anyways ... so i thought i'd jsut share what i have learned, relearned, and been reminded of. (thus far)

1. my SISTER (of all people) reminded me earlier this weekend that God has a plan. God has a plan that's bigger than me and bigger than all of this. and how could i have forgotten after all that stuff last year...:
"consider it pure joy, my brothers, whenever you face trials of many kinds, because you know that the testing of your faith develops perseverance. perseverance must finish its work so that you may be mature and complete, not lacking anything.”
james 1:2-4

2. i have this friend who was born on the same day as me but is a gazillion times wiser. "whisper words of wisdom" .. thanks to 'the mother goose' for unmatchable patience and understanding... for being a 'dreamer' with me haha (p.s. dont' forget to take your own advice. and take care of yourself).:
"make each moment countand really live each and every moment.. sometimes, it's not about what's coming next and what there is to look forward to.. it's about what's now, what's here, who's here.. and feeling good now.. not putting my happiness off until later.. but making myself live it now.. making myself find one positive thing each day and looking for the good things in the day and making sure that i decide to take care of myself, and try to keep myself happy.. because if i'm not happy, then how can i possibly make other people happy?"

3. i have this other friend who probably sees me the most out of anyone and still puts up with me (for now). "of all the crap we've been through...we're still friends. that MUST mean something." see, in life there are always downs. WAY lows. but then you bounce back up. "we have our off days" one moment you could be wearing all blue and feeling prickly and then the next moment you could be laughing so hard that you poke yourself in the eye... things happen. but you jsut have to continually learn and grow from them. and you come out stronger because of it.

4. one last thing, i talked to Chris tonite for the first time in a long while. it was good. really good. anyways background music was playing and this Amanda Marshal song came on:
"When this trouble passes over
You and I will walk away
Knowing that our love survived
Another test of faith
Cause you and I can walk on water
The river rises, we rise above
It may not look that way right now
But trust me, baby....this is love
One more mountain
Hey...so what
Trust me baby...this is love." (Trust me : Amanda Marshal)

... trying... for now, to 'travel in the manner of happiness'.

No comments: