Wednesday, June 09, 2004

bits and pieces

[this is all exerpted from KREAzeleSS, if you care to read the rest in full context, this is just what i took that fits together to say exactly how i feel]

it was imagined to be the highlight of our highschool lives, the grande finale to this four year opus, what it is, is a disappointment. what gets to me is the pointlessness of it all. how you rejected me, proceeded to ask one of my best friends, and then after hour upon hour of soaking my notes and smearing my telephone in tears, a headache of stepping back and forth in indecision, resentment between close friends, and painful reconciliation-- you tell her you dont' want to go with her anymore. -me-

i think i've been punched in the gut one too many times over this prom business. this idea of "oooh i want a date" that's been instilled in my mind since day 1 has been the cause of my pain, the cause of the scattered pieces of my ego. -jo-

it turns out I don't have the strength I always thought I did. Now prom is coming up and all of a sudden I'm an ordinary ditzy teenager acting like my small-town problems are bigger than everything in the world. -dor-

prom has really done nothing to me but make me feel ugly and unwanted, hurt my friendships, and disappoint me. but one good thing. just one. the knowledge and comfort that when it comes down to it, the four of us are still there for eachother. and we still do put eachother first. and if we all go single (except kat haha)or if we all go with hot dates, we will go with the full intention of having a blast with eachother and ending this year off with the biggest frickin bang you can possibly imagine, regardless of what hurt whoever has caused us. -me-

but prom is supposed to be a time, where high school friends make memories.. one last time. to dress up, have fun, and just.... remember. -jo-

Prom is overated adn guys are just jerks, but most importantly, I love you all. -kat-


i have the best friends in the world.

P.S.
"Screw you and die, I hope you burn.
You think you're worth more than you earned.
You're nothing, you're worthless,
except for these verses.
Out with the new in with the old.
Die."
- Moneen [posted by dora]

No comments: