Sunday, March 16, 2003

humility
Lord grant me self control and humility.... fill my heart with love... replace this burning desire for hatred in me ...
i never realized how difficult it was to act with grace and humility... while your whole body is screaming "don't touch me! don't yell at me! don't talk about my family like that!" your whole body tensing up wanting so badly to swing that punch ... your lips pursing wanting to spew out four letter words... yet your mind and heart clinging on to the desire to act with respect and love in the house of the Lord and consistently praying for self control. i thought i had none. i was right but God was kind enough to give me some today. i am so thankful that in this mental war my "stubborn, big mouthed child" side didn't win out. maybe i am growing up a little =)
tears feel so good ...
thankyou for your love and comfort: jo, pt, bun, kat, mom, dad, and anyone else who offered a smile or a hug =)

Lord grant me the serenity to accept the things i can not change... and to maintain self control . by loving him and not seeking revenge i will heap burning coals on his head. forgiveness will take a bit of time though....
much prayer needed.

No comments: