Tuesday, March 09, 2004

a close call

funny how jo's blog and mine coincidentaly coincide in topic today. sort of.
taking people for granted. waiting until it's too late.

my dad was in a car accident today. Carpooling with a colleague, she was driving. They were coming back into waterloo from stratford. I picture it along a country road. There are quite a few of those between waterloo and stratford. The driver saw a space and decided to pass the car ahead of them. Then bam out of nowhere a huge truck pulls into the same spot and takes out the front of the car on the passenger side. my dad was sitting on the passenger side.

it missed him by a few inches from his face. the car was totalled, and he didnt' get home until six. But by the grace of God, both he and the driver weren't really injured. It's crazy though, to think of it... how close. how if the car had just gone a little faster, or the truck a tad slower... i probably wouldn't have ever seen my dad again.

How does God take care of us? Let me count the ways. Praise God. and let me be reminded not to take the people i love for granted.

No comments: