Sunday, November 09, 2003

my new favourite from the "canadian tire" album. :P (haha)
this song says... everything.

Oh Lord Your Love - Caedmon's Call

Oh Lord i give You all i have,
but it seems so little,
when You have given me so much.
I come to You with empty hands,
and a heart that's fragile,
You come to me with wealth of Love.

Oh Lord Your love,
is new with every morning,
Your faithfulness,
it gets me through the night.
You bid me come,
You know that i am weary,
Your yoke is easy,
Your burden is light
.

And i will sing You songs of praise,
but Your greatness is beyond me,
i know i cannot comprehend
how You ancient of days,
stoop Yourself to call me,
to be Your son,
to be Your friend
.

[chorus]

i was cleaning my room and went through some baptismal cards... actually thinking about my baptism a lot last night... thinking about what i knew then and how sure i was that God would sustain me through everything. and how i need to get back there. back in His arms where He holds me so tight i can't possibly fall. i need to regain that passion. anyways this one card- from someone who has been one of the most supportive people in my life- said this:

"Do not lose sight of the joy of the Lord, and remember, his timing is perfect. Our only job is to trust in Him."

*how* perfect it is... i think i only understand now.

No comments: